Thursday, May 01, 2008

Ending Radio Silence

So, if you read my blog semi-frequently, you've probably been wondering if I fell off of the face of the earth, or finally met my maker in an autorickshaw, or went AWOL somewhere deep in the Indian hinterland. None of these in fact occurred, but my best creative efforts have been a bit stunted by about five rounds of Delhi Belly. The only blog titles I could think of ran along the lines of, "Sick and Tired, of Being Sick and Tired," and who wants to read that? But, I'm getting back on the blogging bandwagon, and for those of you who like my ramblings, more content is coming soon to a theater near you. In short, in the past 6-8 weeks, I've:
  • earned myself the nickname "Petri" and developed an intimate understanding of the Indian antibiotic spectrum
  • explored three new cities (Mumbai, Udaipur, and Agra) and miles of countryside in between - I love a Rajasthani road trip!
  • hosted three friends from the US for a two-week, whirlwind tour of India
  • seen TIGERS!
  • had at least 3 boozy brunches
  • ridden an elephant (again)
  • bought enough kurti and chapals (sandals) to open my own store (as per our house staff - "Dad, did you tip them off - are they going to start calling me 'Imelda' too?...")
  • ridden the Delhi Metro - the most fun a girl can have for 6 rupees
  • and much, much more...
And so, I promise to get busy blogging very soon, and as you can see from the above, there's lots to talk about!

1 comment:

Tara said...

Jeez, yeah, I was just thinking yesterday about writing/calling the parents to ask about you. Glad you're OK!